The 2011 NSSA National Open wrapped up today in Huntington Beach. With a large crowd in attendance and cool weather, today’s final event was a total success. Here are the two top winners:
– Cam Richards from Garden City, South Carolina won the Mens Open.
– Leila Hurst from Kauai, took the Womans open.
All the best amateur surfers under 18 in the US have been fighting it out all week in Huntington Beach. Today was the final and it was no exception, with only 1-3 ft waves, each were doing there best. With the 4th of July weekend crowds in hand, the NSSA pulled off another great final day event.
Some other winners today were:
– Steve McLean – Longboard Championship
– Parker Coffin taking the Junior championship.
– Tyler Gunter won the Mini Groms.
– Dax McGill won the girls championship.
– Jake Marshall won the boys championship.
Thank you to NSSA, parents, young surfers and all who participated to make this event so successful.
Additional photos from today’s final 2011 NSSA event can be seen below.
Leila Hurst being interviewed after winning the 2011 NSSA Womens Championship
Parker Coffin being interviewed after winning the 2011 NSSA Junior Championship.
Dax McGill gives a thumbs up after winning the 2011 NSSA Girls Championship.
Dax McGill after her win.